R.E.S.E.A.R.C.H. : Inspiration and the making of Meow

Saturday 24 April 2010

Claire Heathcote

OK so i made it a priority to find more artists who resemble the editorials I found in I love Fake. I love the way stitching is used as a medium instead of drawing with a pen.

So i remember in my a-levels looking at Cockpit arts which was a place where studios can be hired for aspiring designers/ artists. I had a look at the website and found some interesting designers one of which mentioned a textile designer called Claire Heathcote.

Claire Heathcote is a graduate from Goldsmiths College where she studied Textile. Claire creates illustrations using thread instead of a drawn line, which is then filled with further embroidery and applique.

I love how the loose threads drape over the work adding another dimension. Her work consists of incomplete quality, due to the threads often left unfinished. This adds a rawness to the picture.







Kirsty xox

No comments:

Post a Comment